Our Mission and Vision
1. We believe all children can learn at high levels.
2. We believe all children can reach their learning potential and that the achievement gap can be eliminated.
3. We believe schools have an enormous impact on children’s lives.
4. We believe the School District of Philadelphia can become a high performing organization.
5. We believe that all children should be educated in a safe and orderly environment.
All stakeholders, the Principal, the faculty and staff, our parents, and our students are involved in the analysis of student data to organize, deliver and monitor interventions. Although the J. B. Kelly School is no longer in Corrective Action, the professional learning community will continue to use the philosophy and practices of a guided self-study process to drive proficient instruction in all of our classrooms.
The climate and culture of the J.B. Kelly Elementary School (K-5) involve planning and implementation of multiple strategies to address overarching safety and parental involvement priorities as determined by the stakeholders in our Professional Learning Community, Advisory Committee, and School Council.
The J. B. Kelly School family believes that all students can learn at the proficient or advanced levels through rigorous standards-based instruction (Core Curriculum). It is essential that teachers demonstrate fidelity to the Core Curriculum and that they differentiate instruction for all students. Our overall schoolwide goal is to meet Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) performance targets for grades 3-5 as measured by the Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA) in reading, mathematics, participation rate, attendance, and for each identified subgroups. We must also develop and implement research-based strategies and best practices to reduce by 10% the percentage of students who score below the proficient level.